Wednesday 14 January 2015

About time I be honest about what I want

So today...

I went a bit crazy on the vendor researching and quotation-asking. Lol.

Don't ask me why. I suddenly felt the strongest urge to search for a vendor that could provide me with an all-in package for a reasonable price. I figured it'd be easier and more economical.

I was reading a fellow BTB's blog yesterday, and it really made me more determined to not spend so much on just one day. Yes, it is an extremely important day in our lives, but our MARRIAGE is more important. Not wedding, but MARRIAGE. I don't want to spend so much on just one day and then have no money for honeymoon, no money for house, no money to eat.

Do you know what I want?

I want a short sanding at NIGHT at a gorgeous park / beach location (with shelter) with fairy lights and beautiful stars dotting a velvety dark blue sky. I want something different from the usual lunch reception. I want my guests to have fun and be entertained by music videos, montages, and good music (live or not). It doesn't have to be grand. I want my wedding to be within my budget, and yet beautiful. Memorable.

Do you know what I DON'T want?

I don't want a wedding where I have to pay an arm and a leg for. I don't want anything typical. I don't want a wedding where I have to listen to a million and one aunties' "advice" on how things should be. I don't want a wedding that is bounded by "tradition". I don't want to show off my newly acquired status and wedding to 1000 guests.

If I had it my way, I'd be extremely happy with a wedding dinner under the moonlit sky with my closest friends and family.

But only time (and future discussions with the boy and our parents) will tell whether my dreams will become a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment