Monday 23 February 2015

Insomnia

You know that feeling you get when you WANT to sleep, but your body (or mind) is not allowing you to?

Exactly how I'm feeling right now.

I mean come on, I'm already in bed, room temperature is perfect, and I'm huddled under my blanket without feeling warm. So why then, dear brain of mine, do you refuse to switch off?!

Why is it that at this time, you decide to think about the Backstreet Boys concert you're not able to go to?

Or about that dress you used to love wearing but can't anymore cause you've gained weight?

Or about WANTING to lose weight?

Or about WORK, of all things?

Or about your reflections on life?

You had ALL DAY to think about all these, brain. ALL DAY. And yet you decide to invade my sleeping time. Not cool.

And then when you finally feel yourself drifting off to sleep, the SMALLEST THING can jolt you awake again.

Like the itchiness of your finger.

The way your Tshirt rests on your neck.

The smell of your deodorant.

Brain, have mercy on your owner please.

No comments:

Post a Comment