Sunday 16 November 2014

Dumb and Dumber To? Memang dumb pon



I have to admit. I was expecting something hilarious. We (Fiance and I) saw the poster at Plaza Sing, and I thought.. hey, why not? After all, Dumb and Dumber was one of my favourite movies growing up and I never grew tired of it, so why WOULDN'T I want to watch its sequel right?

Wrong. SO WRONG.

At this point, as I'm sitting at home, writing this, I wish I had never seen it.

Almost the entire time as we were watching the movie, it struck me just how similar the format of the movie was to the prequel. Banyak kali I'd catch myself thinking, "Oh! This is the same as the part in the first movie when ..... "

20 years for a sequel and this is the best we get?

Same format, almost-same jokes, same characters. With a little exaggeration. NO, make that ALOT of exaggeration. I think they must have thought that they'd found a winning formula in the first movie, and just decided to bank on that for the second movie as well. EH come on la

Something that's for sure - what worked for them 20 years ago, is NOT working for them now.

I'm sure people will say that they grew up and changed over 20 years. Sure, sure.

Is it then possible that these two grew stupider over time?

Yes, there were definitely funny moments. Moments where I felt hope that this movie would not fall flat on its face.

But that's all they were. Fleeting moments that left us as soon as they reached us. And I'm disappointed. I truly am disappointed.

Verdict: Dumb and Dumber To, to me, is nothing but a shitty extension of plots and characters from the first movie, with almost no hint of originality, and filled with slapstick jokes that make me wanna slap someone. KELAKAR KE?!

No comments:

Post a Comment