Wednesday 21 January 2015

Of negativity

I'd promised myself I wouldn't taint this blog with negative posts, but memandangkan this is MY blog and cause I'm a tad angsty today, I'm breaking my own promise. #sorrynotsorry

You see, I have friends.

No, salah. I have "friends". People who call themselves my friends but secretly (or not) make fun of me because of the content of this blog. People who take digs at me cause I'm talking about planning my wedding but haven't booked anything yet. People who poke fun at the fact that aku buat list of things I need to do for the wedding these next few months.

To these people, I say this to you.

Enjoy your lives. Every single minute of it. If you feel that your lives are made better by putting me down and laughing at me, good for you. Good that you feel that you're perfect enough. But so be it. I'm in no position to tell you how to behave. Just like how you're in no position to dictate the content of this blog. Your life is your life.

I just know that I don't want to be a part of it. 

I'm turning 27 this year, and I've reached a point where I want to stay away from situations that make me unhappy. Surround yourself with positivity, they say.

If you feel that you're better than me, good for you. I'm not competing with anyone here. But I AM trying to be a better person. And I'm trying to stay away from anything I don't like. If I don't like it, I don't like it. And right now, I don't like the way you're behaving with me. So I'm staying away.

Trying to avoid negativity? Then don't create it.

No comments:

Post a Comment