Thursday 22 January 2015

Of a bridesmaid and a (possible) bride (zilla)

I always thought I'd want my own "army" of bridesmaids to "iring" me on my big day.

To be there for me and calm me down if I were freaking out about anything wedding-related, to help me with my DIY projects (if any), to plan a Bachelorette party for me, to do fun stuff with me during my big day.

But now.. after having seen and heard a lot of stories about bridesmaids, bridezillas and the likes, I don't really know if I actually want all that anymore.

(Disclaimer: Not that any of my brides were actually bridezillas to me eh. Don't anyhow assume k! Lol)

Like I said, I've heard tons of stories.

Ade yang pasal the bride(zilla) "ordering" her bridesmaids to come early for hair and makeup, and then on the day itself, takde angin takde ribut, springing it on them that "hair and makeup you all bayar sendiri k", leaving them gobsmacked and digging around for money to pay the hair and makeup person on the spot cause they weren't prepared. I'm sure most bridesmaids wouldn't mind la, but at least ask them first if they're okay with it cause some people may simply not have the budget and may choose to do their own makeup to save money.

Ade yang pasal the brides expecting bridesmaids to do stuff for them, because "I'm the BRIDE and I am QUEEN", not caring that the bridesmaids might have their own lives to lead, and having their own stuff to deal with.

And ade jugak yang pasal the bride SULKING & throwing tantrums when the bridesmaids aren't able to help as much due to certain reasons, or if things don't really go according to plan. Which leads me to the below tweets sent by a friend...


Sungguh pedas, no? LOL


LOL! I actually found it quite funny and SPOT ON, if I must say.

It's true isn't it, that your girls are becoming your bridesmaids out of goodwill? And sure it's definitely an honour to be CHOSEN, but it's also important to remember that they're not exactly paid to be at your beck and call, and thus, you cannot EXPECT them to be.

Which is why I can't really decide if I want to have bridesmaids or not for my wedding. Of course, I'd love to have my best girls with me throughout the day lending me support, but you know the whole process of having to choose which girls make the cut and all....

On top of that, I'd feel really bad asking the girls to pay for their own outfits and stuff, and so I'd probably end up sponsoring their outfits. I didn't mind doing it for my brides, but I'm just worried about asking them to do it for me, you know? You know how sometimes you're willing to do something for someone, but you don't know whether other people would be willing to do the same for you?

POKOKNYA.... actually I think I can be quite cerewet so I'm afraid I might just turn into a bridezilla despite my best intentions not to la hahahahaha

I'm afraid I might put my friends in a position to feel resentful towards me for having to do things for me that they didn't feel 100% for. I don't believe in feeling like they owe me the world just cause I'm the bride for that one day, cause that just ain't right. They are my friends, first and foremost, and you don't treat your friends that way.

I've seen firsthand how some weddings can ruin friendships, and I treasure all my friends too much to risk losing them over my wedding :(

Baik pulak eh aku. #lol

2 comments:

  1. babe.. i had this dilemma too on my wedding day. Then I decided that, I have already done what I need to do and all I need on that day is a timekeeper. So, I roped my closest cousin to help out and be there when I need to convey any message to anyone (since no pockets for phone la kan) Hehe. Hope it helps with your decision later!
    -Juni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe thanks babe! its a good thing you have a close cousin who's near to your age. mine takde! and most of my cousins are married already. so i think most to most, kena rope in at least 1 friend jugak!

      Delete