Tuesday 9 December 2014

MakeMimiSkinny: Starting Out

Today was my first day back working out, and it was NOT FUN. I'd spent the whole day sleeping thanks to the flu meds I took last night (quite amazing how a tiny yellow pill can knock one out for more than 12 hours) and in the evening when I felt better, I told myself, NO MORE SLACKING OFF. 

It's times like this I really want to kick myself for letting myself go (again), and making me have to start all over again from scratch.

My stamina's shot to hell, my fats jiggle in an unsightly manner, and my exercise clothes don't fit me no more...... :(

I'm starting a brand new workout - Focus T25 by Shaun T - which I got (downloaded) recently. Comes with a workout calendar, so you don't need to plan out your workouts, cause it's all done for you already. It's 25 minutes a day, 5 days a week (ideally Mondays to Fridays), so this leaves my weekends FREEEEEEE to merayap! Perfect!

Ok la, except that there's a short stretch on Sundays, but that can be easily done in the mornings before I shower :P

Today's workout was Alpha Cardio.

I have to admit this ah - I was a teensy bit complacent, cause prior to this, I had done Shaun T's Insanity, and had done pretty OK la kan. Those workouts were 30 to 45 minutes each, and so with these new workouts being 25 minutes, I thought they'd be easier.

Mati la seh. 

I think it wasn't so much how crazy tough the workouts were, but rather how crazy unfit I was after 2 months of slacking off ah. 

I almost blacked out multiple times (no joke). Had to stop 2120839183 times to catch my breath and regain my vision (which was slowly becoming black hahahah).
Focus T25 - Alpha Cardio
But I like crazy workouts. I think being thrown into the fire makes you come out better and stronger much faster. So I got through it, knowing I'd feel like shit if I didn't.

After the workout, I made myself my delish Protein Shake, and a cup of chocolate milk. And that was dinner! Hahaha nak jaga calorie intake, geng

Also cooked my lunch for tomorrow. Better to be prepared, if not tomorrow I will surely eat nonsense I tell you

My trusty Happy Call doing most of my job for me

Chicken Stir-Fry with capsicums, portobello mushrooms, red chillies

So, to sum everything up, first day of eating clean + working out = SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment